Feeding you spirit, soul, and body!

“Don’t Undo Your Prayers” (The Power of Prayer Series, Prt 3)

Romans 12:3 3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

It is so important we believe in the right thing and hang on to it, even when the circumstances of life say the opposite of what the Word says.  We must have a made up mind that instead of fear, which is faith in what the natural tells us, we must have faith in God, which is what the supernatural tells us!  The Word of God always trumps the natural things of this life!  I have seen people come down for prayer for healing and it is the very next service they are down praying for the same thing, literally begging God to do it.  What happened?  They didn’t really believe they received it the first time.  When you pray believing, don’t ask God again and again for the same thing.  Ask and then thank Him He answered you until you see it in the natural!  Many people negate their prayers unknowingly by doing this.

The Bible says we have all been dealt a measure of faith.  You are going to believe in something.  You will either have faith in God or have faith in man.  Whatever you choose, you are still having faith in something!  Use the faith you have, as Bro. Hagin says, and believe for the right things.  It is just as easy to believe God and will bring a greater reward, than to believe what the world says, which most of the time is doom and gloom!

One year while my daughter was at college, she was coming home for the weekend.  In her haste to get everything packed and get home she put everything in one suitcase.  She rolled it to the car, but had no one to help her lift it into the trunk.  When she did, she lifted wrong and in the process hurt her back.  When she got home three hours later she was in severe pain.  I called the doctor and the nurse told me it sounded like a bulging disk and what to do.  My husband and I prayed for her.  She stayed in pain all weekend.  It was so bad, she could not bend over to put her shoes on.  She was determined to go to church and had to wear a pair of my flats so she could slip her feet in from a standing position.  When we got to church, the pastor said during the service, “If anyone is in pain, come down here we are going to believe for your healing.”  I looked over at my daughter and she was praising God with her eyes closed.  I touched her and said, “You need to go down there!”  My daughter was a pre-med student and couldn’t take time off from college to have surgery and that was what the nurse said would have to be done.  I was believing the nurse more than I was believing God…I might as well be honest!  My daughter refused to go and be prayed for.  I got so mad at her!!  I asked her why and she said, “Because we have prayed the prayer of healing and if I go down there I am saying God didn’t do what I believed Him for!  I will literally negate that prayer.  I am praising Him now I am healed!”  I stayed mad at her the whole service!  See, my mind had not fully understood the prayer of healing and of faith in this instance.  Thank God my daughter did.  I was looking more at what was happening to her in the physical, than what God promised in the spiritual!  My focus was on the wrong thing and it affected my faith!

When we arrived home after church and she came to me with tears in her eyes.  The woman of faith that I am thought, “Oh, no!  The pain is excruciating!!”  I grabbed her and asked, “What is it??”  She replied, “Momma, while I stood praising God, He spoke to me and said I was healed and NEVER again would  I have trouble with my back!”  At that point she bent over several times and touched her toes to show me.  She then threw her hands in the air, and I did as well, and we began to praise and thank God for what He had done.  To this day, my daughter has never suffered with her back again and that was over three years ago!  Now what if she had taken my advice and gone down for prayer to be healed after we had already prayed for that and she had received it?  She would have negated the prayer we prayed, just like she told me!  Thank God, that day I learned this lesson!!

Have you prayed, believed, and received something from God, dear reader?  Don’t negate it by talking the opposite of what you have prayed.  If someone tries to talk like it hasn’t happened, let them know God has done  it and you are praising God for the answer.  If they persist, just change the subject.  Just like me, they may have to see to understand.  Keep believing and see they shall!

Thank you for stopping by, dear reader!  I trust you were blessed by our devotional today!  I will see you next time!!

13 Responses to ““Don’t Undo Your Prayers” (The Power of Prayer Series, Prt 3)”

1. Renee Gallaspy says:

Very good! Still reading blog….enjoying.

Be blessed and be a blessing, Renee Gallaspy

2. Freedomborn says:

Sorry again Juliana, Wow I do need to be more careful with commenting, this time I forgot to include your answer as promised and also my correction is gone in referance to your name but I have screenshots which is what I was asked to do if I have problems by WordPress but I will get it right this time Juliana, just as well God knows our names.

Your response – Thank you! And it is Juliana….:)

Christian Love Anne.

• No problem…wasn’t sure if you knew or not so just an FYI…also, on the “earnest” the usage in those scriptures is heartfelt, sincere. My point is not to be repetitive because you don’t believe God has answered you. Sorry about the mix up! Blessings….Juliana

• Freedomborn says:

Yes that is what I was highlighting Juliana and we also know when we intercede that there is a battle being fought and God may ask us to interned again, we see this with Paul and the early Church and also Jesus himself when the blind man could not see clearly the first time. Satan wants us to have doubts and fears although God does not condemn us for these but we are to ask Him to help us not just dismiss them or ignore them because they can lead to sin, they may cause us to Trust in other things like New age or the Occult instead of God or instead of thanking Him for our healing we believe it was the tool He used instead, which is idolatry.

Thank you Juliana, I’m enjoying our conversation this is how we Blog in Australia, we often reason together with God’s Truth.

Christian Love Anne .

• Freedomborn says:

Hi Juliana, in response to the Scripture you shared, but sorry I should have mentioned it before, it is so True man often trust in wordly fleshy understanding, reasoning, wisdom and logic, sadly they think they know more then God, this is why we are to ask for His wisdom and believe we have received it, as you can see in The Scripture below it is most important.

Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Proverbs 18:4 The words of a man’s mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.

Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.

Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

Christian Love from both of us – Anne.

3. Freedomborn says:

I’m posting my comment again Juliana it and your reply as they are not showing but are both in my Inbox, it seems it’s a Blog problem again, sorry also about the mistake with your name, I also like to be called by mine or my pen names, I will be more careful in future.

I’m in agreement with you Julia as you can see in the Link below on wisdom, we don’t keep asking but we do Trust God to answer in His time as your daughter did.

Blog Post http://alifeofhopeandjoy.wordpress.com/category/woman-of-kingdom-wisdom/

I have been healed by God more then once even just recently some were life threatening conditions and one I was born with so I do not doubt God heals in His time and in His way and yes when lead by The Spirit when I have prayed for someone I trust God for His response but I also wait in prayer and often are then lead to pray for others involved such as family or friends and even for those praying but in saying all this, we remember Paul prayed 3 times for his healing and I also believe there are times we are to pray more earnestly as Jesus did meaning we totally focus with all our heart as we pray for God’s will and not just because we think we should having been asked to.

Luke 22:43-45 And there appeared an angel unto Him from Heaven, strengthening Him. And being in an agony He prayed more earnestly: and His sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Acts 12: 5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the Church unto God for him.

Christian Love from both of us – Anne

4. Arlene says:

So timely for me..I pulled something in my back this past weekend and have been in some real pain:( Keep me lifted up my sister as I stand believing Him for my healing. Blessings to you.

• I come in agreement with you right now, Arlene, that by the stripes of Jesus you ARE HEALED! I pray Psalm 91 that says no evil shall befall you, neither shall any plague come nigh your dwelling! Lord your word says it is your will that we prosper and REMAIN in good health. This is your will for Arlene and in the name of Jesus it is done. I command every nerve, muscle, bone, and ligament to align itself with the word in Arlene’s body, NOW! I command all pain to leave her this instant in the name of Jesus! Thank you, Father for the authority you have given us to use that precious name and it is done in the name of Jesus!! Glory to God, Arlene, I am expecting full recovery to manifest quickly! Keep me posted with your good report!

God bless you! I would love to hear your thoughts!

Powered by WordPress | Designed by Elegant Themes